- One-2-One Sessions (advance bookings only)
- 2 hours (approx 1hr taking photos/1hr editing)
- £70 per 2 hour session (50% non refundable deposit)
🌸 Workshop Outline🌿
After the sessions you’ll be able to take more dramatic images of the flora around you! ☘️ Framing points of interest, reducing background distractions, creating mood & learning how to maximise the use of natural light 🌱 Four basic edits to complete the finished image. Editing will be done over tea/coffee (on me!) in a local cafe near the meeting points 🍃 Course notes will be provided.
Any questions please email me 😊: [email protected]
Dates TBC for 2021. Watch this space!!
If it’s raining hard on the day of the course I have a Plan B which might mean taking photographs and working inside.
🌿What to expect from the session:🌿
- We will be outside.
- Focusing on individual plant specimens.
- Looking at how to use the available light to maximum effect.
- Looking for natural textures, lines, form and shapes to guide image composition.
- Learning how to recognise what makes a potentially interesting botanical image.
- Going close up rather than landscape.
- We may be photographing some or all of the following: fungi, buds, leaves, moss, patterns in tree bark, flowers, seed pods.
- Experimenting with water droplets on foliage; I will bring a small plant sprayer, but there may be dew or even rain!
- Working with the available natural backgrounds to reduce distraction from the focal point of a shot.
- Composition: Rule of thirds in the field!
🌿What to bring to the session:🌿
- Wear clothes and shoes suitable and comfortable for at least an hour outdoors, sunglasses and a hat might be needed to.
- A camera that has (if possible) manual functions.
- An empty SD card if possible.
- Water to drink, inspect repellent and an umbrella (just in case!).
- Your laptop if you wish but I will have my laptop to demonstrate the editing techniques.
- Please make sure that your own camera equipment insurance is up to date and bring your protective camera bags, filters etc, ie: your normal kit bag and the usual precautions!
🌿Booking your session:🌿
- Payment of a 50% non refundable deposit guarantees your booking.
- The remaining balance will be collected on the day of the course.
- If for any reason I cannot run a session I will refund the deposit to you.
- If for any reason you cannot attend a session but can find someone to replace you, with full payment before the session. I will refund your deposit.
- You must be over 18 to attend any of the sessions. If you are under 16 and would like to book a course you need to be accompanied by a responsible adult throughout the session.
Ruth is an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society has a Diploma in Professional Photography and is a multiple award winning member of the Guild of Photographers.
🌱a couple more botanical photography ideas:
Wild Carrot and Sunflowers and Dark Botanical Photography.